Uneven Skin Tone & Texture Treatment
Uneven skin tone is a result of sunspots, redness, wrinkles, scars, veins, and other imperfections. Uneven skin tone occurs commonly with age in all skin types and is mainly a result of sun damage. The excess production of melanin, also known as hyperpigmentation, is a significant cause of uneven pigmentation and can be addressed with cosmetic treatments. Some uneven skin tone and texture is temporary and changes in your habits can have a positive effect.
Achieve Even Skin Tone & Texture through Life Style Changes:
- Sunscreen; Using sunscreen will help prevent sun damage. This is the most important thing you can do to prevent and also treat sun damage.
- Topical Skin Care Regimens; Topical Vitamin A containing creams such as Retin A® and other milder retinoids improve texture and pigment. Topical vitamin C such as SkinCeuticals CE Ferrulic® is a well-proven treatment for fine lines and discoloration and also helps to prevent further damage from UV light and other stresses on the skin.
- Food and Drinks to Avoid; Each person might have different reactions to foods. Common food and drinks that trigger flushed, uneven completion are; alcohol, spicy food, processed foods
Treatments for Uneven Skin Tone & Texture:
Lasers are used to manage pigment abnormalities, redness, veins, fine texture, and acne scars. We use a vascular laser, a pigment laser, Intense Pulsed Light and Fractional Resurfacing combined with other treatments such as micro-needling and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to address these pigments and texture challenges.
- Intense Pulsed Light, also known as IPL, is the gold standard therapy to improve the color and texture of your skin without surgery. We use and have extensive experience with the Cynosure Starlux® IPL
- Vascular Laser Treatment improves the appearance of small veins or telangiectasis. This treatment is commonly utilized for treating small red veins on the face but can also treat larger blue veins around the eyes and even some leg veins. We use the Cutera ExcelV®
- Fractional Resurfacing Laser is used to treat a number of conditions including sun damage, acne scars, and other scars, and stretch marks. Patients experience fewer complications and less downtime with fractional than non-fractional treatments such as ablative lasers and chemical peels.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a procedure where the patient’s blood is drawn and processed to isolate the growth factor rich fraction which is then put into the top layer of the skin using micro-needling with a SkinPen®. This exciting technique produces collagen and elastin synthesis and helps the skin cells regulate pigment production. PRP results in smoother, brighter, and clearer skin.