What is Skin Tightening
How do you stop your skin from aging? Aging skin and the addition of wrinkles can be created by sun exposure, smoking, and genetics. There are many precautions you can take from quitting smoking or wearing the right protective clothing and sunscreen to minimize the effects of aging.
Ways Tighten Your Skin:
- Botox: Botox is an injection used to minimize wrinkles and fine lines created by muscle action.
- Lasers: Lasers can help treat discoloration, blood vessels’ abnormal texture. There is some downtime associated but generally, the treatments are very well tolerated.
- Light Therapy: Light therapy utilizes infrared light to decrease inflammation and remove aging lines.
- Microneedling: Microneedling takes tiny needles and creates small holes in the skin. These tiny injuries induce the production of collagen and help smooth texture and tighten skin.
- Ultrasound/Ultherapy: Ultherapy is one of the most well-known treatments for skin tightening/rejuvenation. Typically used on the face, neck, and chest ultrasound energy tightens the skin use micro-focused sound waves.
Am I the right fit for skin tightening/rejuvenation?
If you are bothered by loose skin and wrinkles then you might be a good fit. To see best results most patients maintain a healthy weight, quit smoking, and protect themselves from the sun. To find out what treatment is the best fit for you consult your dermatologist.