Scar Treatment & Removal
Scars: Diagnosis and Treatments
It can be obvious that you have a scar, however, diagnosing and examining the scar before treatment is crucial. There are many types of ways to get scars and types of scars. Some scars can fade over time while others can be improved with treatment.
Common Types of Scars:
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Surgical scars
- Injury scars
- Burn scars
- Lasers can be an effective non-invasive option. There are different types of laser treatment that can improve the color and texture of some scars.
- Microneedling, typically a safe, fast and efficient way to improve the appearance of a scar. Microneedling activates the growth factor and stimulates collagen production helping to improve the skin.
- PRP Injections, also known as platelet-rich plasma help create new blood vessels while also regenerating tissue improving your skin texture. The so-called Vampire Facial is a non-surgical treatment option that combines microneedling and PRP to improve your skin condition. Vampire facials are commonly used on acne scars in addition to uneven skin tones, fine lines, and uneven skin texture
- Injections of steroids can help flatten and smooth some raised scars.
- Fillers can be used to lift depressed scars very effectively.
It is important to have a dermatologist examine your scar before treatment. Treatment varies on the type of scar, severity, and location.